These quotes have been collected from newsgroups, books and atheism websites.
1. I contend that we are both atheists.I just believe in one fewer god thanyou do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
– Stephen Roberts
2. “Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” [adapted]
– Edward Gibbon
3. You’re basically killing each other tosee who’s got the better imaginary friend.
– Richard Jeni
4. Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
5. Don’t pray in my school, and I won’t think in your church.
लोग ईश्वर के दर्शन को मन्दिर जाते हैं तो फिर वापस क्यों आते हैं । अगर सच में ईश्वर होता तो कभी वापस नहीं लोटता, क्योकि सुना है प्राचीन काल में साधु-सन्तों ने उनके एक झलक पाने के लिए पूरी जिन्दगी एकान्त साधना में बिता दिए ।
और जो कहते हैं कि भगवान सर्वत्र है तो फिर मन्दिर -मस्जिद क्यों ?
7. यदि आदमी ईश्वर की आज्ञाओं का पालन करने के लिये मजबूर है, तो संसार में इतनी नैतिक-अराजकता या अनैतिकता क्यों हैं ?
-बुद्ध(भगवान बुद्ध और उनका धर्म-पृ-189)
8. ब्रह्माण्ड और जीवन ये दोनों ऐसे रहस्य हैं जिनको अपनी कल्पनाओं और विचार से जोड़ कहानी बना लो , बेशक काफी सुन्दर बनेगी और अगर उसमे आप छल और कपट शामिल कर लेंगे तो वो धर्म बन जायेगी ।
9. अगर धर्म और मंदिर ( धार्मिक स्थल )मानव कल्याण के लिए हैं तो इनमें जमा धन चैन्नई आपदा में खर्च करने में क्या बुराई है !
10. Religion is like a dick. It’s fun to play with, but ultimately it just fucks everyone and leaves a mess.
11. I’m happy and love life.Life is better living free from all dictators, earthly or divine.
12. Believer: God created everything.
Atheist: Ok, can you give one piece of evidence ?
Believer: You’re ignorant !
13. A rapist, a murderer, an adulterer, a drug addict, and everyone else, all are allowed in a temple ! But not a womanon her periods.It makes sense, right ? Wow.
14. अंधविश्वास आपके काम में एक बड़ी रुकावट है, क्योंकि इसके कारण आपको शर्तो के साथ काम करना पड़ता है.
15. अगर आपका भी कोई लकी नंबर या लकी डे है, तो उसे काम के बीच न आने दें.
16. Science is not like a religious organization. It defines a methodology not an ideology.
17. I don’t have to be threatened with hell nor do I need to be rewarded with heaven to be a good person.
18. A zealot’s stones will break my bones, but gods will never hurt me.
19. If churches wish to discriminate then they should also stop receiving any further funding from the public purse.
20. Just because you say something is sacred does not make it so.
21. There is no logic in religion.
22. I love the arrogance of religious people when it comes to this.”Look around you”
At the hurricane that just left 200k homeless?
23. “If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would. That’s the difference between me and your god.”
24. If god did exist (highly unlikely), were omnipotent and omniscient, why would he care about something as trivial as sexual preference?
25. Science is based on the quest for facts. Your God is based on superstition and lack of facts or knowledge.
26. There is no god higher than truth.
– Mahatma Gandhi
27. Carl Sagan
“Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature.”
28. Chapman Cohen
“Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.”
29. Richard Dawkins
“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
“I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.”
31. Mikhail Bakunin
“If God really existed it would be necessary to abolish Him.”
32. Richard Dawkins- The God Delusion
“Faith can be very very dangerous and deliberately to implant it into the vulnerable mind of an innocent child is a grievous wrong.”
33. Bob Snuka
“I refuse to believe in a god that would send me to hell just for not believing in him.”
“Doesn’t it bother you that you put more logical thought into choosing a car than you do in choosing a god?”
35. Gypsy Rose Lee
“Praying is like a rocking chair– it’ll give you something to do, but it won’t get you anywhere.”
36. Robert M. Price
“Who needs Satan when you have
a God like this?”
37. Mark Twain
“It ain’t the parts of the Bible that I can’t understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand.”
38. Richard Dawkins
“Religion is unusual among divisible labels in being spectacularly unnecessary. If religious beliefs had any evidence going for them, we might had to respect them in spite of their concomitant unpleasantness. But there is no such evidence. To label people as death-deserving enemies because of disagreements about real world politics is bad enough. To do the same for disagreements about a delusional world inhabited by archangels, demons and imaginary friends is ludicrously tragic.”
39. Richard Dawkins
“We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.”
40. Thomas Paine
“All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.”
41. Peter Barnes The Ruling Class:
A Baroque Comedy
“How do you know when you’re God?” “When I pray to him I find I am talking to myself.”
“I’m an atheist and a militant atheist when religion starts impacting on legislation.”
“I cannot follow you Christians; for you try to crawl through your life upon your knees while I stride through mine on my feet.”
“And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence.”
“You can’t convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it’s based on a deep-seated need to believe.”
Delos B. McKown
“The invisible and the non-existent
look very much alike.”
“Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions.”
Carlespie Mary Alice McKinney
“Religion does three things quite effectively: Divides people, Controls people, Deludes people.”
“Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man — living in the sky — who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ’til the end of time! ..But He loves you… and HE NEEDS MONEY!”
“We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.”
“Deaths in the Bible.
God – 2,270,365 not including the victims of Noah’s flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, etc because no specific numbers were given.
Satan – 10”